Genox 20mg is used to treat women who suffer from breast cancer or endometrial cancer. It helps to reduce the growth rate of tumors that are in the early stage and when the tumors have already spread to other parts of the body; Tamoxifen Citrate will slow the growth rate. In cases where the patient has already been treated with chemotherapy and other treatments, this is used as an adjuvant therapy. It helps to prevent the growth of new tumors in the same breast and in the other one and basically eliminate the cancer.
Dosages And Administration
Genox 20mg is taken once or twice a day with a glass of water after food. The doctor may prescribe it for more than five years to get the best results. It has to be swallowed whole and not broken, crushed or chewed. It has to be kept in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
Genox 20mg has a lot of side effects, but some are less severe than others. Listed below are some of the less severe ones.
- Thinning of hair
- Hot flushes
- Vaginal itching, discharge and dryness
- Decreased sex performance or drive
- Fluid retention
- Skin rash
- Premenopausal women may experience stopping of menstrual bleeding
The more severe side effects are:
- Vision changes
- Loss of appetite
- Bone, tumor or joint pain
- Mood changes
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Muscle weakness
Tamoxifen citrate is not always suitable for all patients. It is your responsibility to inform your doctor if you:
- Are trying to conceive, pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are using any other medication be it prescription or non-prescription
- Are allergic to any drugs
- Are taking any supplements or herbal products
- Have a family history of blood disorders
- Have suffered from deep vein thrombosis or a stroke
It is also advisable to stay away from driving or performing any other heavy tasks as Genox 20mg can make you drowsy.
Drug Interactions with Tamoxifen Citrate
Studies show that Tamoxifen citrate interacts with some drugs.
- If taken with antidepressants like Paroxetine, Sertraline or Fluxoetine, its effect will diminish.
- When used with anticoagulants, the effect of the anticoagulant will increase significantly.
- If used with cytotoxic agents, then the risk of thromboembolic events is higher.