Waklert 50mg promotes wakefulness and decreases the extreme sleepiness caused by obstructive sleep apnea or narcolepsy.æ It helps you to keep awake if you have work hours that do not allow you to have a normal sleep schedule, also called shift work sleep disorder.æ It does not cure sleep disorders, it just helps you to keep awake.æ It works by affecting certain parts of the brain that controls the sleep/wake cycle.
Dosage and Administration
Waklert 50mg is to be taken orally once a day as advised by your doctor for narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea.æ However for work shift sleep disorder, it is to be taken once a day about 1 hour before the start of work specifically under the directions of your doctor.æ It works better if taken without food.æ The dosage and duration will depend upon your condition and your response to the medication.
The most common side effects associated with Waklert 50mg are:
- Palpitations and quickened heart rate
- Fatigue, pain, fever
- Loss of appetite
- Dizziness, headaches, tremor, anxiety.
- Rash and excessive sweating.
- Dry mouth, nausea
Less common side effects you may experience include:
- Mood changes including agitation, confusion, or depression
- Pounding heart
Waklert 50mg should not be used to treat tiredness or hold off sleep in people who do not have a sleep disorder.æ It should be avoided by the elderly and children.æ It should definitely be avoided if you are allergic to armodafinil or any of its products.æ It will reduce your reaction time and so you are advised not to drive while on it or do any jobs that require a lot of alertness.
Before taking Waklert 50mg, you should advise your doctor if you:
- Have a history of mental illness
- Have a history of addiction to either alcohol or drugs
- Have kidney or liver disease
- Have mitral valve prolapse
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have hypertension or depression.
Drug Interactions with Waklert 50mg:
- It may interact with street drugs like methamphetamine, MDMA
- It reduces the effectiveness of birth control pills, rings, and patches, so birth control methods have to be supplemented.
- Since armodafinil is similar to modafinil, they should not be taken in tandem.