Modvigil 200 is distributed as 200mg tablets and uses the active component, Modafinil. It has been shown to be an effective treatment for patients suffering from daytime sleep disorders, short-term memory loss and narcolepsy. Regular usage under physician’s recommendations has demonstrated reduced daytime sleep attacks, improved concentration, memory, alertness, boosting learning capacity, greater attention span, mental performance and generating greater energy levels.
Dosage and Administration
Modvigil 200mg tablets are taken in the morning along with a glass of water or as directed by your doctor.
The adult dosage is 200 mg, taken once in the morning. In cases where only 100 mg at one time is needed, the tablet can be split into two, and one-half can be taken in the morning. For patients suffering from shift work disorder, it is recommended they take their prescribed dosage before starting their shift.
Modvigil has been shown to have some side effects which vary from patient to patient. The most common reactions are as under:
- uncontrolled tremors
- muscle tightness
Other side effects experienced by some patients include:
- suicidal ideation
- loss of appetite
- shortness of breath
- eye pain
Modvigil 200 mg (Modafinil) is not recommended for patients who have experienced cardiovascular issues, drug and/or alcohol problems and/or mental health problems.
It is advisable to inform your doctor if you:
- are older than 65 years
- are breastfeeding
- are pregnant
- are a heart attack patient
- suffer from hypertension
- have chest pains
- trying to get pregnant
- irregular heartbeat
- history of alcohol or drug use
Children are not allowed to use this medication and patients who are on other stimulants should get their doctor’s approval before starting on this medicine.
Drug Interactions with Modvigil 200mg:
Its contraindications are also noted for:
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAO Inhibitors)
- Depression medications like isocarboxazid, clomipramine, tranylcypromine desipramine, and phenelzine
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medications like Adderall, Ritalin, Metadate ER, Methylin, Concerta, etc
- Epileptic drugs like Tegretol, Dilantin
- Antibiotics like Nizoral, Rimactane, and Rifadin, cyclosporine
- Blood thinners like Coumadin (Warfarin)
- Anxiety medications like Valium (diazepam)
- Hypertension medications like Inderal (propranolol)