Azee 250mg (Azithromycin) contains the active ingredient, Azithromycin and comes in tablet form of 250 mg strength, and is used primarily to treat bacterial infections of the ear, nose, and throat and other respiratory tract infections. It has been found to help patients suffering from urinary tract infections, skin and soft tissue problems as well as pneumonia, typhoid and sexually transmitted diseases. It has been found to be ineffective for viral-type infections like the common cold and/or flu.
Dosage and Administration
Azee 250mg (Azithromycin) is available as individual tablets of 250mg strength and is usually taken once every 24 hours; however, individual dosages could be increased or decreased based on the treating symptoms, patient condition, and individual response to this therapy. It is strongly advised not to stop taking the prescribed dosage of Azee even if the symptoms improve, because this could lead to a relapse and may result in the bacteria becoming immune to this antibiotic. It can be taken orally with or without food, but if there are any gastrointestinal problems, it is advisable to take the medication with food.
Azee 250mg produces quite mild side effects which could include:
- gastrointestinal problems
- increased cough
Other serious side effects which require an immediate visit to your doctor or seek urgent medical attention could include:
- chest pain
- low blood pressure
- abnormal heart beat
- skin itching, sweating, fungal infections
- excessive fatigue
- shortness of breath
- allergic reaction
Before beginning a course ofæ Azee 250mg (Azithromycin), it is advisable to inform your physician if you:
- are pregnant
- are trying to conceive
- are breastfeeding
- are having any other medical disorder or condition
- are allergic to any medications
- are allergic to any of the ingredients of Azee
- are using any other drugs, vitamins, herbal supplements
- have a history of HIV, cystic fibrosis, kidney or liver disease
Drug Interactions with Azee 250mg
The following drugs may interact with this medication:
- Vitamin C
- Other antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, levofloxacin could decrease the effectiveness of Azee.
- Antidepressants like amitriptylline
- Cholesterol-lowering medications like atorvastatin or simvastatin.