Veltride 0.5mg helps by not allowing the conversion of dihydrotestosterone so as to prevent benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). These tablets will also help to get over the difficulty that you may endure at the start of the flow of urine, and also control the need to do so at short intervals and many other symptoms that arise because of BPH.
Dosage And Administration
In order that Veltride 0.5mg works most effectively, it is important that you follow the doctorÍs instructions carefully. After assessing the condition of the patient, the doctor will prescribe the required dosage. It is normally one tablet a day.
Veltride 0.5mg should be taken with a full glass for water and care should be taken that it is not crushed or broken, otherwise there are chances of some contents being lost. It can be taken with or without food.
There are some side effects to taking tablets containing Dutasteride. These effects typically diminish in a while but it is always better to discuss with your physician what side effects can be expected and how to handle them. The side effects that could be experienced by the patient are:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Decreased Sex Drive
- Problems with ejaculation
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Breast enlargement or tenderness.
In very unusual cases you could find:
- Peeling of the skin
- Discharge from the nipple
- Severe Dizziness
If any of this happens visit a doctor immediately.
Veltride 0.5mg is prescribed only for men and not women. Some other precautions to be taken when this medicine is being administered are:
- Pregnant or women who hope to conceive should not handle the tablet because there is the chance of the medicine being absorbed through the skin and the fetus could be affected.
- The patient should not give blood during the period of medication and for more than 6 months after.
- Those who have a liver dysfunction should also avoid it.
- Anyone allergic to dutasteride should avoid this medicine.
- History of any allergies should be mentioned.
- The doctor should be aware of any medicines, supplements or herbal medications you may be taking.
Drug Interactions With Dutasteride
If used along with CYP3A4 inhibitors like verapamil and diltiazem, the serum levels of dutasteride may increase. Other than that, no common drug is known to interact with this medicine.