Pexep CR 25mg ((paroxetine) is an SSRI antidepressant which helps to increase the amount of serotonin in the brain to regain or maintain mental balance. Regular and long time use of this drug can help reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety in major depressive disorders. It also helps to regulate mood disorders. It is also very helpful for anxiety disorders and panic disorders.
Dosage and Administration
Pexep CR 25mg ((paroxetine) should be taken as per doctorÍs directions. It can be taken orally with or without food.æ The tablet should be swallowed whole without chewing or crushing.
The most common side effects associated with Pexep CR 25mg are:
- Upset stomach
- Tiredness and weakness
- Changes in appetite and weight
- Anxiety and excitement
- Dry mouth.
Less common side effects you may experience include:
- Cold sweats
- Chest congestion and chest pain
- Irregular heart beat
- Skin rash
- Muscle pain and weakness
Pexep CR 25mg should be avoided if you are allergic to any of the components of the medication. Likewise if you are on linezolid or have taken an MAOI or monoamine oxidase inhibitor recently, this drug should be avoided. Patients taking thioridazine or pimozide also should avoid this drug. It should be taken with caution by patients who have stomach bleeding, allergies, or kidney or heart disease. Alcohol is not advised while on this medication. It is not advisable for pregnant or lactating mothers or those who are planning a pregnancy. It is also not for anyone who is on a herbal or dietary supplement.
Before taking Pexep CR 25mg, you should advise your doctor if you:
- Have increased eye pressure
- Have seizures
- Have been taking a medicine which has methylene blue
- Are going to be on ECT or electroconvulsive therapy.
- Have a family history of suicidal tendencies and mood disorders..
Drug Interactions with paroxetine
- Anticoagulants, NSAIDs, or aspirin may increase the chance of stomach bleeding.
- Diuretics may decrease blood sodium levels.
- The effectiveness of digoxin may be reduced.
- Antiarrhythmics may cause irregular heartbeats or more severe heart problems.