Symbal (Duloxetine Hydrochloride) 20mg tablets are used to treat patients who are suffering from depression. Those who are suffering from lack of sleep, tiredness, feeling very low and worthless are also prescribed this medicine. It helps those who suffer from anxiety disorders and mood swings and offers pain relief to those suffering from fibromyalgia which is a chronic pain disorder and diabetic neuropathy. Duloxetine Hydrochloride helps to sustain certain chemicals in the brain that aid in maintaining chemical balance.
Dosage and Administration
Symbal 20mg tablets should be swallowed whole with a glass of water, once day with food depending on the prescription. It is recommended that it is taken at the same time every day. The doctor will decide the dosage depending on the condition of the patient as well as the patient’s response to the treatment. Generally, 20 mg tablets are prescribed. If you miss a dose, do not take a double dose.
Symbal (Duloxetine Hydrochloride) causes certain side effects such as:
- Decreased appetite
- Drowsiness and dizziness
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
Serious side effects include:
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Decreased sex drive
- Difficult or painful urination
- Muscle spasms
Symbal 20mg should be taken only when prescribed by the doctor. It is important that you consult your doctor before you discontinue the medication. Inform your doctor if you:
- are pregnant
- trying to conceive
- allergic to any drugs
- taking any other medication
- taking any supplements or herbal medicines
- suffering from liver disease or any heart disease
- suffering from glaucoma
Drug Interactions with Symbal 20mg:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor if taken with Symbal could cause cardiovascular problems, convulsions or hyperthermia.
- Warfarin which is an anticoagulant should not be taken with Duloxetine Hydrochloride as it could lead to bleeding.
- Certain herbal remedies such as St. John’s Wort which is used to control mood swings could also react with this drug and it can cause the patient to be confused, to hallucinate, run a fever or sweat excessively.
- Other drugs that could be affected include: Imipramine, lithium, nortriptyline and clozapine.